Standing Committee News
The Standing Committee Minutes for September 2016 are available here.
(adopted September 11, 2016)
As we gather for our regular Standing Committee meeting, we covenant to remember our UU Principles and that we are here to represent the congregation of First Parish in Concord.
Be kind and supportive to others
Assume best intentions,
Welcome diverse opinions,
Ensure others are heard,
Consider others as we express ourselves, Speak with truth and compassion,
Speak what is helpful and necessary, Make decisions thoughtfully.
We are aware that our words are for others to hear.
We are committed to the processes and principles of effective governance.
As of December 11, 2016, The Standing Committee has set the following goals through 2018:
- Create a process to ensure policies are maintained
- Strengthen connections to other congregations and to the wider denomination
- Nurture leadership within First Parish
- Support our Senior Minister in the organization of an annual First Parish leadership meeting, including all chairs/co-chairs of FP committees with an agenda aimed at strengthening relationships and leadership capabilities
- Support SAC and its pilot programs
- Complete a congregation-wide exploration on social action funding
- Initiate discussions aimed at re-affirming, modifying, or eliminating our annual allocation of 7.5% of annual pledge payments to social justice
- Coordinate timing with SAC pilot initiatives
- Create and disseminate objective information at Annual Meeting 2017
- Evaluate congregational input on funding mechanisms from last year’s SAC survey, and assess whether and how further input should be gathered
- Determine if and when to hold a congregational vote regarding our policy on SAC funding mechanisms