News Submission Guidelines
News Submission Guideline Basics
- Submit all files in Word or .TXT; no PDFs.
- Images (.JPG or .PNG) must be attached separately from Word document. Do not paste the image you want to include into the Word document.
- Any links must not be embedded into the text. Paste links clearly in the submission. For example, do not have a button that says, “Click Here,” but instead write “Click Here: examplewebsite.com.”
- FP Weekly submissions can be submitted once and included each week until the event is over. There is no limit to how often they can run, although their position in the email may change week-by-week to help highlight other submissions.
- Include event title, day of week, month, date, time (range), and location (either the room name or Zoom).
- Include a description, along with sponsoring committee/organization (events not sponsored by a First Parish group or committee cannot be publicized).
- Include a contact person with name, email, and phone number.
- There is no word limit for FP Weekly, but we ask that you keep the information concise as to not overwhelm the size of the email, and to hold the attention of your readers.
- Be sure to spell check.
- If you are meeting in person, always be sure to reserve your room with Bruce Davidson, email@example.com, before publicizing an event. If you make changes to your room or timeslot but have already submitted a blurb for publication, you must resubmit the blurb with updated information by the next applicable deadline. The same rules apply to Zoom meetings.
Annual Tea Party
Tuesday, September 14, 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., in the Parlor
Join the us for a lovely afternoon of tea, snacks, and fellowship. This beloved tradition comes but once a year, we hope to see you there! Hosted by the First Parish Social Gathering Committee. For reservations or more information, please contact Suzie Wish at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-8211.
- Times New Roman, Size 12 is standard.
- Do not add creative formatting. FP Weekly is sent through Mailchimp, which cannot handle some of the same formatting as a document.
- No bolding, italics, tabs, or spaces to position text.
- Please do not use “&.”
- Write out the full state name, no abbreviations.
- You are responsible for spelling errors and correct dates. We do not send retraction emails if a mistake is made.
FP Weekly Deadline: Noon Wednesday for circulation the following Friday
Please send all news submissions or questions to Sarah Burns, Church Administrator,
at email@example.com or 978-369-9602.