News Submission Guidelines
First Parish of Concord News Submission Basics
for MHN, Sunday News, and FP Announce
The editors, Sarah and Wendy, ask your help in reducing the often exhausting rework of the over 100 monthly submissions received collectively for the Meeting House News (monthly), Sunday News (insert) and FP Announce (weekly email). We ask for your help.
2017-2018 – Deadlines and Production Dates
Meeting House Newsletter
FP Announce Deadline: Noon Friday for the following week
Sunday News Deadline: Noon Wednesday before Sunday service
We ask you to include ALL of the following information. Please plan ahead, especially if your submission needs input from others. Incomplete submissions must be returned.
Only send your submission once all information is final and complete so be sure to plan ahead. We will need to return a submission if incomplete. Send submission and photo/image as attachment to email, indicate in subject line “Publication – Event Title.”
- Event title, day of week (no abbreviations, ex. ‘and’ not ‘&’), month (no ‘th’ or ‘rd’), date, time (range), ROOM
- Description, including sponsoring committee/organization
- Contact: name, email, phone (can state “X preferred”)
- Font: Arial, Size: 12, no boldface/ italics/ UPPERCASE/ special spacing
- FP uses the serial comma (ex. ‘One, two, and three’; not ‘one, two and three’)
- Phone numbers are written with hyphens, not periods (978-369-9602, not 978.369.9602). Please include extension (x450) with church numbers.
- No abbreviations – ex.: months, days, states, use of “&”, ecetera
- Include image, picture, or logo, if possible. They add a lot.
- No additional formatting (it will only be stripped out). If you have concerns about the layout of your submission, please contact the editor directly.
- 100 maximum word count (firm)
- Be sure to spell-check. You are responsible for spelling. Please do not assume we know. We go with what you send us.
- If your submission occurs over more than one time period, request it be rerun.
Once complete, send submission to each editor as needed: Sarah Burns (Sunday News and FP Announce), and Wendy Wolfberg (Meeting House News). Please ask us sooner than later, if you have questions. And, be sure to leave time for your committee’s review, if needed.
More complete guidelines can be downloaded here.