(adopted September 13, 2022)
As we gather for our regular Standing Committee meeting, we covenant to remember our UU Principles and that we are here to represent the congregation of First Parish in Concord.
We covenant to
- Listen to each other with enough focus and space to receive what is shared
- Assume best intentions
- Maintain confidentiality as appropriate
- Welcome questions and different perspectives
- Make space and take space so that everyone’s voices can be heard
- Lead collaboratively
- Take the necessary time for the work without rushing into decisions
- Show up prepared to do the work
- Speak with one voice about decisions
- Trust each other’s wisdom
- Communicate directly with each other
We are aware that our words are for others to hear.
We are committed to the processes and principles of effective governance.