It’s easy to donate securities (stocks, bonds, etc.) to First Parish.
- Some people prefer this method because of the tax advantages.
- Others find it easier to transfer securities rather than give a cash gift.
For those who wish to donate securities, we have created a two-step process:
PLEASE NOTE: First Parish is now using Fidelity Investments as its broker. See the sample letter for the new account information needed for the transfer.
- Complete a letter to your broker advising him/her of your desire to sell securities. To download a sample letter click here (Microsoft Word format).
- Mail the original to your broker or brokerage firm.
- Keep a copy for your records.
- Please notify First Parish of your gift so we may credit you for your contribution (we do not always receive donor information from the brokers). Please include the name of the stock and the number of shares. Please let us know if your contribution is to be credited to your current year pledge or for some other purpose. Our mailing address is:
First Parish in Concord
20 Lexington Road
Concord, MA 01742
or you may email Tina Storey at email@example.com.
What Happens Next:
- Your securities will be transferred to Fidelity Investments, First Parish’s designated broker.
- We will sell the stocks upon receipt.
- You will receive a letter from the First Parish Director of Operations detailing your gift for tax purposes.
This process may take up to four weeks.